You Are That Force
An object at rest will stay at rest, until acted upon by an external force.
Why not be that force? You can get started right here on the street where you live. Here are a few things you can do:
- Speak to your neighbors about their Lake Park concerns.
- Host an event to get the word out about something you find to be of concern or something you would like to see happen in Lake Park.
- Volunteer for a town board, group or a town event.
- Run for town commission.
- Sign up to work at a polling location on election day. Your opportunity to do this will fly by quickly. Check the supervisor of elections’ site for information about requirements and deadlines.
- REGISTER TO VOTE. MAKE SURE YOU, YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE ALL REGISTERED. DON’T ASSUME. THEN GO OUT ON ALL ELECTION DAYS AND VOTE.
- If you don’t know what’s going on, find some alternate news and information aside from the mainstream media.
- Pay attention, get informed by attending town meetings and find out where your commissioners stand on the topics and issues.
- Speak about topics of concern at town meetings so other residents, as well as your town staff and commission, get a sense for how you feel about the direction our town is headed.
- Contact your town commissioners and the town manager directly with your concerns.
- Offer ideas and solutions, and then be willing to help carry them out.
- Send relevant news and information from your street, block or neighborhood to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what your email is about in the subject line (or it will be deleted).
- Write a piece for this blog about something you feel our readers should know or would like to know and send it to the same email address.
- Leave us your thoughts in the comment section, and feel free to use the blog comments to have public conversations about what’s happening in town.
- Hand out some of our blog business cards (or give out the blog address) so others in town can benefit from the ideas and information presented here.
- Have any good ideas you’ve been mulling over or that you would like to see get some attention? Any concerns you would like to discuss or make us aware of? Let us know! I would be happy to share those via the blog to get the word out.
- Remember that you are “that force”.