If you would like to get involved and help stand guard over our town, the following are a few opportunities:
- Remember that you are not alone. Others stand with you, but “others” can’t do everything. We need you to do what you do best to keep watch on your block and your town. Pay attention, show up at town meetings, speak out, call or write to your commissioners and get to know and join with others who are keeping watch over Lake Park as well. One way to do this is by getting involved with Lake Park Citizens Requiring Accountability from Politicians. Contact information is in the sidebar on the right.
- CRA Meetings are held monthly before regular commission meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Regular Commission Meetings are scheduled for the first and third Wednesday of each month. On the first Wednesday of the month the Commission meeting follows the CRA Meeting. On the other weeks, they begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting should come out on the Friday before. Please check it out. If meeting minutes are posted from the previous meeting, please check them for accuracy. The town has a running calendar you can always check if you need meeting times and dates. You can find it HERE.
- If you want to know what decisions those in town offices are making and how those decisions affect you, come to the regular commission meetings twice a month, watch and have your say. (Meetings are broadcast on channel 18 and minutes are eventually posted online at the town website. You can reach the commissioners by email (addresses posted at the town website by clicking here: Mayor & Commissioners.) The phone number for the Mayor and Commissioners is 881-3300.
- Community Watch Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Fire Station, 1000 Park Avenue.
- C.O.P. meetings are held on meets every third Wednesday of the month at the PBSO building, 700 6th Street. Meetings begin at 4:00 p.m. and volunteers are needed! To join contact 775-930-5557
- Check back for updates on the latest news. As time allows, items of importance will be posted under their various headings at the top of the blog. Stand guard!